Our mission is to create a sustainable and effective learning environment by strengthening the agricultural foundation of San Gabriel, providing classroom goals, accessibility for volunteers and needs based fundraising.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Planning an Outreach Tour

I have been back in the United States for months now and I really miss volunteering in Peru, but I realized that I don't have to be out of the country to work toward positive social change and global education.
So....
I decided to join forces with fellow Omprakash volunteer Vance Walstra to plan an outreach tour targeting universities and colleges between Seattle and San Francisco.  Vance will share information about Omprakash with college students in hopes of raising money for the volunteer-grant program and raising awareness about the overall network.
And, he is doing it all by bike!  He began the tour in late September.
Meanwhile, I've been calling, emailing and pleading with various departments and staff members to get him booked at 16 colleges and universities!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment